Who would have thought that making your own homemade pizza could be so easy and tasty? Whether you prefer a classic tomato and mozzarella combo, or something more adventurous like Greek salad or BBQ chicken, there’s a homemade pizza recipe out there for everyone. Once you understand how simple it is to make your own pizza, you’ll want to experiment with different toppings every time. Not only are pre-made frozen pizzas very expensive but they also often contain preservatives and artificial flavors that aren’t great for you. Making your own pizza at home is not only cheaper but also healthier! Here are some step-by-step instructions on how to make your very own delicious homemade pizza
What you’ll need?
First, you’ll need to gather all of the ingredients you’ll need for your homemade pizza.
- Flour: You’ll need high-quality flour for the base of your pizza dough. We recommend using strong bread flour as it’s higher in protein content, which makes it easier to work with and gives the dough a lovely chewy crust.
- Water: The water you use is important too! Always use filtered or bottled water, as your tap water could have chemical or mineral deposits that could negatively affect the outcome of your pizza.
- Salt: Add just a pinch of salt to your pizza dough. It might not sound like much, but it’s enough to bring out the flavors in your toppings and help your pizza stay fresh for longer.
- Olive oil: A little bit of olive oil can go a long way when it comes to flavor and texture. It also helps your pizza stay fresh for longer by preventing it from drying out while it’s in the oven.
- Yeast: You can’t make pizza without yeast! Yeast is what gives your pizza dough that delicious chewy texture.
- Sugar: A little bit of sugar will help to boost the yeast in your dough and help it to rise.
- Cornmeal: Cornmeal can be used for so many things, and it’s also perfect for sprinkling your pizza peel before topping your pizza. This will help prevent your pizza from sticking to the peel and help it to slide off more easily after it’s baked.
- Cheese: You can never go wrong with adding cheese to your pizza! You can choose whichever type of cheese you prefer, but we recommend using mild, aged cheese as it pairs well with most toppings.
Step 1: Prepare your toppings
Now that you’ve gathered all the ingredients you’ll need, it’s time to prepare your pizza toppings. Fresh, high-quality ingredients are essential when it comes to pizza, as they’ll make all the difference to the final product. Make sure you taste your fresh toppings before adding them to your pizza and adjust the number of toppings according to your personal preference. For example, if you like your pizza extra cheesy, add more!
- Tomatoes: Fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes will taste best on your pizza. Ideally, they should be very ripe so they’re more juicy and less acidic, which will pair well with the rest of your toppings.
- Mozzarella cheese: Fresh mozzarella is best when topping your pizza. Always avoid pre-grated mozzarella as it’s been sitting on the shelf for who knows how long!
- Herbs: Fresh herbs like basil or parsley are a must when it comes to pizza. Choose your favorite herb and sprinkle it over your pizza once it’s baked for a fresh, delicious flavor everyone will love!
Step 2: Stretch your dough
Now that your pizza toppings are ready, you can start to prepare your pizza dough. The easiest way to do this is to place your flour and water into a large bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon until a dough ball forms. Then, place your dough ball on a clean surface (preferably a wooden surface) and knead it with your hands until it’s smooth and soft. The key to making perfect pizza dough is to make it soft, smooth, and elastic. If you prefer a chewy pizza crust, knead your dough for a few minutes longer until it becomes thicker, and vice versa if you’re after a crispier, crunchier crust.
Step 3: Top your pizza and bake it!
Now that your pizza dough has been prepared, it’s time to top your pizza and bake it! Start by sprinkling a little cornmeal over your pizza peel or baking sheet before placing your pizza dough on top. This will help prevent your pizza from sticking when you slide it into the oven. Next, spread your pizza dough with a good amount of olive oil. This will help it to crisp up in the oven, as well as provide a delicious, fragrant flavor. Next, add your pizza toppings, and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over them for extra flavor! Once your pizza is topped, simply slide it into the oven using your pizza peel. The baking time will always depend on your oven, but in general, you’re looking at around 20-30 minutes for a thin, crispy crust and 30-40 minutes for a thicker crust. Once your pizza is ready, use a pizza cutter to slice it and serve it!
Now that you know how to make homemade pizza, there’s no reason to ever buy pre-made frozen pizzas again! This delicious homemade pizza is perfect for dinner with friends or family, or even as a tasty lunch option. You can top your pizza with anything you like, but we recommend sticking to fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best flavor. on top of your pizza when it’s done.
- Chilli flakes – Chilli flakes are a great addition to your pizza dough, as they add a little bit of extra flavor to your pizza.
- Paprika – Use paprika for a little extra spice to your pizza and keep it fresh longer than regular paprika.
We use amazon redirects and affiliate links. If you buy something through the links on this page, we may earn a commission at no cost to you. Learn more…
Source: All information and image sources from self-research & Amazon.com