If you’ve been wondering how to bake butter cookies, then look no further! You have come to the right place. Most of us are aware that eating too much saturated fat can be detrimental to our health. However, there is also something very comforting about a warm piece of freshly baked cookie with a cup of coffee or tea. We might not be able to eat cookies all day long, but homemade cookies are definitely one of our favorite treats!
These buttery cookies taste so yummy that you will want to eat them immediately after they cool down a little. And trust us, it won’t take long before your whole house starts smelling like an ooo-la-la baking heaven. Ours did and we couldn’t keep ourselves away from the temptation any longer! These are super easy and quick to make as well as inexpensive (especially if you buy quality ingredients). They are also perfect for sharing with family and friends because they don’t last very long when they are fresh out of the oven.
How to Bake Butter Cookies: Step by Step Instructions
You will need the following ingredients for this recipe:
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- ½ cup of vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of baking powder
Start by measuring out the butter in a small bowl and set aside. Put the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and baking powder in the bowl of your food processor or blender. You can also use a hand mixer for this. Next, add the butter and process until it is just combined and no chunks of butter remain. You should have a smooth and creamy butter. If the butter is still too solid or has not melted completely, place it in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt. Stir the butter mixture well and then set it aside.
Why Bake Butter Cookies? Why not?
Make no mistake, baking butter cookies is definitely the right way to go, but why not bake regular butter cookies? Homemade butter cookies are so much better than store-bought ones because they are made with fresh ingredients, have no preservatives and are low on calories. Baked butter cookies will definitely taste better than the store-boked ones, but regular butter cookies are also delicious and easy to make at home. Baked butter cookies are made using butter, butterscotch chips and vanilla. The butter and butterscotch chips give the cookies a soft, chewy texture. You can also try using white chocolate chips instead of butterscotch chips for an even tastier cookie.
Tips for Successful Baking
- Keep the ingredients cold: This will help your baked good to bake evenly. You can keep the butter and the eggs in the fridge or in the freezer, and the sugar and the baking powder should be kept in an air-tight container.
- Measure ingredients: This will help you to get the right amount of each ingredient. If you think that you have too little of something, you can always add some more. If you think that you have too much, then you can reduce the amount.
- Preheat the oven: This will help your cookies to bake evenly, and you can also preheat your oven to make sure that it is at the right temperature when you put your cookies in it.
- Use a baking sheet: This will help you to avoid any spillage and the cookies will also be more crisp if you use a baking sheet.
- Time is everything: This is the most important tip we can give you. Make sure that you give your ingredients enough time to react and blend well.
We hope that you have enjoyed reading about how to bake butter cookies. You might also enjoy these other easy recipes for sweet treats.